Saturday, June 21, 2014

Nick Wooster | Five's


Nickelson Wooster is a retailer, street style hero and brand ambassador for the Lardini Group. Here are his answers to his five most recent purchases, which designers are on his radar and what are his go to-items.

Five Most Recent Purchases

1. A carton of cigarettes in duty free.
2. A hemp jacket by Layer-0 that I found at Maxfield, in Los Angeles. It has the most amazing cut, sort of couture but very butch at the same time.
3. A new iPad. I bought a Mini last year, but miss the drama of the gigantic screen. And it has 128 GB.
4. A pair of Kolor shorts that are probably the most comfortable and unflattering thing I own. The construction is a work of art. They are basically a pair of size 42-waist pants that have been given a master cut-and-sew. They are the coolest thing from this season.
5. Twenty pair of J.Crew no-show socks for my trip to Italy.

Five Designers I Am Feeling Right Now

1. Ganryu, a new brand in the Comme des Garçons stable. This stuff is completely amazing, sort of sport and very well-engineered. My favorite gray pants from the spring season are from them.
2. Kolor is another amazing Japanese brand — the jackets, the pants, all so amazingly conceived.
3.Thom Browne is, in my opinion, one of the great minds in men’s wear. I always want something (or many things) of his, every single season.
4. RTH. Rene Holguin started RTH about five years ago. He is one of the most inspiring people I have ever met. His two stores in L.A. are always my first stop once I get off the plane.
5. Comme des Garçons. For me, Rei Kawakubo and all in her orbit are the masters. For me, she is untouchable.

Five Go-To Items

1. White button-down shirts. Period. The end.
2. Blue button-down shirts. Ditto.
3. J.Crew no-show socks. The gray-and-white micro-polka dot are my favorites. I think I have spent $250 on them this spring alone.
4. The Triple Welt collection from Grenson. I now have their shoes in black, brown and my newest favorite, white. They are made in Northamptonshire, England, and are shockingly comfortable right out of the box.
5. Stan Smith Adidas sneakers, white with green. And the newest addition, the Raf Simons Adidas collaboration in both white and navy blue. I am crazy about the stripe across the shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment